for years i have gotten my eyebrows waxed. probably since i was about 14 and when that new shiny "brow bar" opened up in my local macy's i was done for. it was the cool thing to do on your birthday, and it was necessary prior to a football game/formal/dance/prom... etc.
when i turned 19-20 i stopped waxing my brows cold turkey and started tweezing. (will explain why below.) i am now 23, and have begun the threading process, and it has changed my life.
let me tell you my horror story.
it was just a normal day, i had gotten out of class and headed to the mall to grab some new makeup and get my brows done. i sat in the chair, like norm, waited for the wax. and for some reason, this wax was so hot i felt it almost burning my brows. i let the esthetician know, and she said it was normal for it to feel hot. (i secretly knew, this was NOT normal as i have had this done multiple times.) so, when she removed the strips it hurt so bad my eyes instantly filled with tears. the woman had not only removed my stray hairs, but probably about two layers of skin with it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! so this is why, i stopped waxing.
now, why have i moved on from tweezing.
honestly, i can't stand the time it takes. also, threading gets you those "eyebrows on fleek" compliments.
1) no dangerous/harsh chemicals. wax will typically include ingredients such as resins, carcinogenic parabens, artificial fragrances, and dangerous dyes. threading only uses pure cotton threads.
2) better for sensitive skin. and come on, even if you don't have sensitive skin you should treat your body like you do.
3) works faster. no wait time for anything to dry/harden/burn yo' face girl. and instead of tweezing, threading ultimately pulls multiple hairs at once.
4) lasts longer. threading usually will last 3-4 weeks as it is pulling from the follicle. waxing will only last 1-2.5 since it is pulling just from the surface.
5) better value. it is less expensive due to the only thing you're really paying for is the cotton thread and service. a one time trip to the brow bar can cost you anywhere from $20-25, prior to tip. my trip to the threading shop was $11 after tip. i didn't leave with watery eyes, or red brows. i get to keep all of my skin. the process is overall more enjoyable- and i don't dread getting my eyebrows done.